Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Is It the Same Old Story?


What happened to that change we were promised? Senator Chuck Schumer declared the following in the senate:
"... the “American people really don’t care” about all those “little tiny, yes, porky amendments” that the “chattering classes” have exposed."
I, for one, care deeply about these "porky amendments" because, tiny, they are not. I care that this looks too much like the past. I care that this looks and smells like the Bush stimulus package, only much larger. I was not in favor of the Bush stimulus package, and I am not in favor of this one either.
Here is a pop quiz: can you name the last government program that was an economic success?
I remain prayful, hopeful and willing to give this new administration and congress a chance, but when leaders make statements like this... it is hard not think that the more things change... the more they stay the same. Blessings!

No comments: