Pages

Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert


BREAKING NEWS
Tim Russert dies at 58
Veteran newsman and "Meet the Press" moderator Tim Russert died today, NBC News announced. He was 58. Tributes from newsmakers worldwide are coming in, with President Bush calling Russert "an institution in both news and politics."

I was shocked today when I was informed that Mr. Russert had passed. While I do not align with many of his political views, I did enjoy him as an interviewer and a journalist. I felt like he treated everyone the same, regardless of political affiliation and worked hard at his trade. "Meet the Press" was a news show that managed to hang on to its journalistic integrity despite the prevailing winds of political polarization associated with most news stations.

Mr. Russert was a devote Catholic and will be greatly missed. Mr. Russert promoted family and fatherhood; he also promoted hard work and discipline as important ways to live life. Join me in praying for the family of this father and this son, and in praying that God would use even this for His glory. Life is but a thread...and, sadly, it takes times like these to remind all of us of that truth.

No comments: